Thursday, June 19, 2008

The Healing Process





Hi Everyone,



I want to share with you a wonderful find. I have been studying the healing process for some time now. Upon studying, I came across a wonderful site that has been a tremendous help to me. Those who are close to me, knows that for years, I suffered from several health issues. I ate, slept, prayed, and believed in the power of healing. I decided to study up on the healing process. Healing is just that...a process. It was then I discovered, Dr. Lawrence Wilson.





Dr. Lawrence Wilson(http://www.drlwilson.com/) has a medical degree and 26 years experience as a nutrition consultant and have authored five books. Dr. Wilson's article, on the healing process, was very enlightening, I gained a wealth of information and applied that information to my life.


****
Doctor Wilson: Healing is different from, and so much more than eliminating or suppressing symptoms. This is confusing because symptom removal can look like healing, while healing may not produce symptom removal for months or even years. A healed body does not have cancer. However, just getting rid of a cancer, whether by surgery or by natural methods, is not healing. It is symptom removal. Nor is 'healing a broken leg' the kind of healing I am referring to. That, too, is usually just symptom removal.” In fact, healing is a path that can be embraced. It is a process foreign to our medical system and to our culture. It is essentially a reversal of the process involved in becoming ill, and at the same time an awakening to one's true nature and the meaning of life.


****


Dr. Wilson's words rang true with me. After my treatment (chest tube insertion) and I was released from the hospital to go home, I was not healed, although the healing process had begun. Truth be told, I was scarred and hurting both physically and emotionally. Healing is a process which requires much pro activity. What ever, I could do, to help aid in my healing process, I did. By that I mean eating right, exercising, and eliminating (as much as possible) stressful elements from my life. Too, I had to see and believe, that I was going to be healed, in spite of my repetitive hospitalizations.




Dr. Wilson:Certain axioms or themes are involved in the healing process:
* We are each powerful, mysterious, complex, multidimensional beings, no matter how frail and dysfunctional the body may be.
* There is an oneness of body, mind and spirit. There is also an oneness or collective consciousness shared by all beings.
* Events originate from within. We create our lives. This power is never taken away, though it may be given away temporarily.
* Healing has to do with taking full and complete responsibility for all of one's creations.
* Techniques, methods, and therapies may facilitate healing. However, ultimately, life heals or love heals, not a pill or operation.
* Healers, doctors, and therapists are facilitators only.
* Desire, allowing and surrender play critical roles in healing.
* Forgiveness of self and others are important aspects of the healing process.
* Discipline, derived from same root as 'disciple', is an important aspect of healing.


****

Good stuff, Dr. Wilson. Friends, you do not always have to see it to receive it. You know, what your it is. Just believe it. For those who are interested in the healing process by Dr. Wilson, I have included, a link to his article from his website, there you can also learn about his books and Cd's.

Happy readings,
Vanessa


http://www.drlwilson.com/Articles/the%20healing%20process.htm

No comments: