Monday, June 16, 2008

Friends and Lovers




The Song by Aretha Franklin Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves. Comes to mind when I think about Michelle Obama. This Princeton and Harvard grad, both fascinates and inspires me. She is beautiful not just aesthetically, but skin deep. Michelle is a wife, mother, and a working woman. Wheew! Those are some pretty heavy balls to juggle. Yet, she makes it all appear effortless and, we women all know, that those functions are in no ways easy to do. I heard confess in an interview about the help she receives from her mother in helping with her daughters. Thank God for Mothers.
I gotta confess that, I was so enthused, when Michelle initiated the dap/ pound ( or bump as mainstream America hails it) to her husband, Barack before he addressed, the crowd in Minnesota. Then, giving the thumbs up in her exit. That move endeared the Obama's to me forever. For me it showcased their bond not only as husband and wife but that of friends as well. I openly confessed that Michelle has played a key factor in my consideration for Barack. They are a couple on the rise and I don't mean for the white house, but as an example that true love does exist, especially in the African American community. I pray the best for them. Together, they are history in the making and I am glad to be a witness to it.
If you would like further info on Michelle or that of Barak visit http://www.barackobama.com/
Here is a brief summary of what I have learned about Michelle from there: Michelle was born on January 17, 1964, to Marian and Fraser Robinson on Chicago's South Side and graduated from Whitney M. Young Magnet High School in Chicago's West Loop. After high school Michelle went on to Princeton University where in 1985 she graduated with a B.A. in sociology and a minor in African American studies. After college, Michelle continued her education at Harvard Law School, where she earned her degree in 1988.
Happy readings,
Vanessa

No comments: