Sunday, March 3, 2013

I've become much stronger and very thankful for what I have




March is ENDometriosis awareness Month. So for the month of March I shall be sharing some inspiring stories or testimonies rather from several of courageous women.  Women hailing from all over the world from all walks of life; all has linked together; in the unity of Sisterhood. They have come together with one cause -and that is to help bring awareness to Endometriosis, with the faith that a cure will be found. To date there is no cure, only subjective treatments. Approximately 176 million women and girls worldwide suffer from endometriosis; 8.5 million in North America.



Symptoms include:
  • pelvic pain apart from menses
  • severe menstrual cramps
  • backache
  • painful intercourse or pain associated with sexual activity
  • painful bowel movements
  • fatigue
  • bloating
  • constipation
  • menstrual diarrhea
  • pain with exercise
  • painful pelvic exams
  • painful and frequent urination

Allow me to introduce you to a beautiful young woman, who's willing to share her Endometriosis Testimony. Sara Gregory. 




The summer before my freshman year in high school, I woke up in tremendous pain. I was hurting from my upper back to the tips of my toes. It was the worst pain I had ever been in. We called the doctor, but he thought it was just hemroids caused by the medicine of a knee surgery I had a few weeks before. I took pain pills that made me sick and would get in a hot bath at 3 am. I couldn't get any relief no matter what I did. Finally, the doctor said I needed a CT scan. Daddy almost had to drag me to get me to the car. Between the pain and the drugs I couldn't walk or even think straight. I had to drink disgusting banana flavored Barium on an empty stomach and have an IV poked in my arm. They found out that I had a blind pouch in my belly. I was sent to the only OB/GYN that would see me at such a young age. 

He is AMAZING. I had emergency surgery that night and another the next day. We found out that I have only one kidney, two uterus, and about 600cc of blood built up in a blind pouch from one uterus not having an opening. The blood was drained, and he did some reconstructing. I had immediate relief when I woke up from surgery, but that didn't last long. A different pain eased its way into my belly, and I had a laparoscopic surgery a few months later. I was diagnosed with stage three endometriosis when I was 13. I was sent to Atlanta, Georgia for more surgery, and they said the endo shouldn't come back. It did. Since then, I have created my own website for endometriosis awareness and support. I've become much stronger and very thankful for what I have. 



Contact Sara at:




 Ribbon_Endometriosis


Endomertriosis Resources


No comments: