The Cause: Hello! I would love for you to help with the birth of my baby. :) I am so excited about this production! “Who’s Loving You?” These inspirational stage productions rewards me with the ability to connect with some very courageous people. These people, some would probably consider to be ordinary people, - I would beg to differ. They come from various walks of life and have endured many trials and tribulations and have prevailed in many of them. Our endeavors has been the focus of various local and national media outlets.
To DONATE Click on link-----> http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1593585232/whos-loving-you-the-stage-production-by-vanessa-riI’ve created an annual free acting/drama class or session. I describe these sessions as: “I AM,” it's an self-proclamation and reminder, that set goals and aspiration can be obtained in spite of hardships. At the end of the year; group participants get the opportunity to perform live on stage! I write characters opposite of their true personalities. If they are introverts, I write a character who is not introversive; and if an individual in the group is bold and possesses a great deal of confidence,- they would act out character of someone, who has low self-esteem.
Our meet-ups, literally allow participants to walk in the shoes of others. When joining; they aren't aware, that I write varying characters mirroring members personalities. These drama classes as proven to be successful. It provides a sense of faith, family, and friend atmosphere. We also collect nonperishable food items and warm clothing to donate to those who are experiencing economic hardships.
In addition to helping out our youths and the economically challenged. A portion of proceeds will be donated to The Endometriosis Foundation of America ( EndoFound) to further aid in the research for a cure. http://www.endofound.org/Endometriosis.
The Endometriosis Foundation of America strives to increase disease recognition, provide advocacy, facilitate expert surgical training, and fund landmark endometriosis research. Engaged in a robust campaign to inform both the medical community and the public, the EFA places particular emphasis on the critical importance of early diagnosis and effective intervention while simultaneously providing education to the next generation of medical professionals and their patients.
In 2009, Lakshmi co-founded the Endometriosis Foundation of America alongside World Renowned Advanced Gynecological Surgeon Tamer Seckin, MD. After suffering from the disease for decades herself, she has been able to make amazing strides with the Foundation such as launching the first interdisciplinary research facility in the country for Gynopathology as a joint project between Harvard Medical School and MIT, where she gave the keynote address at the Center’s opening in December 2009.
Endometriosis Facts & Statistics
- Most women with endometriosis suffer pain—and present symptoms—up to a full decade prior to diagnosis.
- Approximately 176 million women and girls worldwide suffer from endometriosis; 8.5 million in North America alone.
- Associated costs of the disease are estimated to be a staggering $22 billion annually.
- The average woman is 27 when she is first diagnosed with endometriosis.
- Endometriosis is one of the top three causes of female infertility. While it is one of the most treatable, it remains the least treated.
- Abdominal and bowel symptoms linked to endometriosis are commonly misdiagnosed as Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS).
- Endometriosis is often misdiagnosed as Pelvic Congestion or Pelvic Inflammatory Disease (PID).
- Many infertile women with endometriosis experienced debilitating painful periods as teenagers but were misdiagnosed.
- Many women suffer silently because they feel that their pain, especially pain associated with sexual intercourse, is just too personal to discuss with their gynecologist. This is more common in some cultures than others.
- Many cases of endometriosis can be successfully treated with Laparoscopic Excision Surgery. Hysterectomy should only ever be considered as a last resort. There is no oral medication to cure endometriosis. Stats taken from Endofound.org. http://www.endofound.org/endometriosis
Donations/proceeds will be sent to:Endometriosis Foundation of America
872 Fifth Avenue, New York, NY 10065
Some couldn’t afford transportation or wardrobe. So, I would meet them at a designated location and rehearse with them, other times, we’d rehearse over the phone. We also, provided make overs and food. Upon doing this, I felt great humility, that I was able, (although it would financially hurt me), to help others in their need.
What is needed: We want to build a set for “Who’s Loving You?” We are in need of sound technicians, a set to be built, transportation fees for cast and to distribute donated food and clothing items, to agencies and charities, promotional tools, and large food containers for storage of donated food items and clothing.
Your donation will go towards the following:
1) Administrative fees: marketing, fundraising, financial management<----- This is crucial to productions success rate!!!! Our voices and cause needs to be heard and seen.
2) Space rental for rehearsals and slated performance (s).
3) Printing of our advertisements tools: Programs, posters, flyers, and postcards.
4) Production filming fees.
5) Building of our set.
So you can see that there is a lot of work that is put into these productions. But, I have great faith! Together you and I can make it work! Let's go get it!