Thursday, July 22, 2010

Black Diamond by Ja'Nese Dixon




About Ja'Nese Dixon


Ja'Nese Dixon writes fiction novels for readers yearning to escape and disappear into a good book. Ja'Nese's debut novel, Black Diamond is scheduled for release in June 2010. She resides in Houston, Texas, with her husband and their two children. For more information visit http://www.janesedixon.com.




About Black Diamond

Camille Blackwell, an undercover FBI agent, poses as a jewelry purchaser in an international diamond trading company in hopes of identifying the domestic players in a vicious rebel group suspected of trafficking conflict diamonds. The Bureau requests CIA renegade Marc Fulton's assistance with sweeping international intelligence to identify the major rebel organizations with the finances and stateside connections strong enough to evade criminal prosecution, despite Camille's objections.

Their attraction is instant and tense; both resolve to focus on the case. But when Camille receives an encrypted memory stick from a murdered co-worker Marc may be the only person she can trust.Black Diamond is the eagerly anticipated debut novel by Ja'Nese Dixon. True love, like black diamonds, is rare and precious but when murder and a persistent criminal threaten a frail relationship, will love triumph?



Black Diamond by Ja'Nese Dixon Virtual Book Tour is organized by Nia Promotions, a marketing company that assists authors and publishers with using web-marketing strategy to market and promote books on the internet. Follow Ja'Nese's tour at http://bit.ly/blackdiamondvbt.

Author Interview:

V. Richardson: Hello Ja’Nese. It is a delight to be chatting with you.


J. Dixon: Thank you. I appreciate you extending the offer.


V.Richardson: When did you first consider yourself a writer?


J. Dixon: I considered myself a writer as a child. I loved writing poetry and lyrics. I’m still coming to terms with being a novelist. I claim it now that I’m holding Black Diamond in my hands and once I look back at the hours and hours of work it required to bring this project to life. However, it still stutters off my tongue when asked.


V. Richardson: Black Diamond is your latest book. What is the synopsis about and how did you come up with the title?


J. Dixon: Camille Blackwell, an undercover FBI agent, poses as a jewelry purchaser in an international diamond trading company in hopes of identifying the domestic players in a vicious rebel group suspected of trafficking conflict diamonds. The Bureau requests CIA renegade Marc Fulton’s assistance with sweeping international intelligence to identify the major rebel organizations with the finances and stateside connections strong enough to evade criminal prosecution, despite Camille’s objections. Their attraction is instant and tense; both resolve to focus on the case. But when Camille receives an encrypted memory stick from a murdered co-worker Marc may be the only person she can trust.


Black Diamond is the eagerly anticipated debut novel by Ja’Nese Dixon. True love, like black diamonds, is rare and precious but when murder and a persistent criminal threaten a frail relationship, will love triumph?

As for the title, I found myself fascinated with a black diamond jewelry set. At that time, I didn’t know that black diamonds existed. After conducting my research I decided to focus my story on the diamond industry, but I kept the title. Readers will find that it plays a significant role in Camille’s life.


V. Richardson: What do you want readers to take away from Black Diamond?


J. Dixon: I want readers to close the book knowing more about the plight of people affected by conflict diamonds and how our personal choices can adversely involve people around us.


V. Richardson: If you had to do it all over again, would you change anything in your latest book?


J. Dixon: No. I trust that every lesson was needed or due to my stubbornness. It also provides more experience for the next project.


V. Richardson: Who are your literary influences? And what books have most influenced your life most?


J. Dixon: My list of literary influences is too long to share here. However, I can name a few. Beverly Jenkins, Anita Bunkley, Karen Wiesner. I’m an avid readers so selecting a few is like asking to pick a favorite child. The books that most influenced my life are the Bible and “Why Should White Guys Have All The Fun?” Both have been instrumental in my life.


V. Richardson: What have you discovered about yourself on your journey to publication?


J. Dixon: That I am extremely resourceful and I excel under pressure.


V. Richardson: There is always a story behind the author’s works. How do/did you handle rejection (s)?


J. Dixon: I believe it’s their loss. I always find a way to move ahead. I know that what is meant for me will be mine. Thus, I accept that those moments and/or opportunities are meant for another.


V. Richardson: What advice would you offer to aspiring authors?


J. Dixon: “Greater is He that is in me, than he that is in the world.” (1 John 4:4) You will experience highs, lows, disappointments, rejection, and so much more on this journey. It’s not easy. But hold on to what God has placed in you and you’ll be fine.


V. Richardson: Are there any up coming and/or future projects readers should be made aware of?


J. Dixon: I am currently on the virtual book tour for Black Diamond. You can read about prior stops on my website. I am also a contributing author in Coffee Confessions. Please visit my blog for my appearances, events, and books. So, I’m promoting like a mad woman and writing my next book, Intoxicated.


V. Richardson: How can readers contact you?


J. Dixon: Website and Blog: www.janesedixon.com

Facebook: www.facebook.com/janesedixon

Book Page: www.facebook.com/authorjanesedixon

Twitter: www.twitter.com/janesedixon

GoodReads: http://www.goodreads.com/janese_dixon


Bonus Question

From The Heart:


V. Richardson: When life can get a little hectic and you are feeling a little dismayed. How do you find peace in the storm?


J. Dixon: I have a book of my favorite bible verses that I pull out and read. Many I have committed to memory. And I’d love to share two verses that ensure me of God’s love for me through any storm.


“Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart.” Jeremiah 1:5


“The Lord is with me, I will not be afraid. What can man do to me? Psalm 118:6


These verses are real to me because they remind me of two things: He’s in control and I have to trust His process. It sounds easy, but our daily walk speaks otherwise. Which is why we’re charged with placing His words in our heart. Most of our sorrow, heartache, pain is at the hands of another person. Thus, in those moments I remind myself that it’s not about me, but is has everything to do with Him and I allow His words and spirit to comfort me.


V. Richardson: Ja’Nese, it was awesome to chat with you. Thank you for sharing yourself and your works with our reading audience. Much success to you! As always in closing, continue to inspire as you aspire!