Friday, December 26, 2008

The Ditchdigger's Daughters


Hello Everyone,


I pray that your Christmas was merry as you created new and cherished memories with friends, family, and loved ones! That I am an old movies buff is no secret amongst my friends and family. Around Christmas time several of my favorite movies are aired. Last year was so busy for that I did not have the time to watch my classics as I wanted to. Not this year I pledged to myself…it was a pledge that I almost lost how ever. I wrote and directed my recent stage production: God Knows My Heart!

I am happy to say that is was a success! The community really showed their support as they came out bearing gifts of nonperishable food items, all of which were donated to families that were facing economic hardships. This experience was very humbling and I am thankful to God for being a part of it.

Listen, you guys as I was channel surfing and stumbled upon a movie that I had not seen in ages titled, “The Ditchdigger’s Daughter,” I love this movie! It is such an inspirational flick and I highly recommend it. This American Family who just happens to black shows that we do not have to allow our circumstances to detain us from reaching our goals. We do not have don the mentality of “less than” success. But a “better than” success! Yes, I wear the better than mentality better, and it looks good on you, too.

In "The Ditchdigger's Daughters,” Dr. Yvonne S. Thornton offers a loving portrait of her father, a ditchdigger in Fort Monmouth, New Jersey who dreamed that all six of his daughters would become doctors. With the help of his equally remarkable wife, the girls have all become successful, independent women--two are doctors, one became a dentist, one a lawyer, one a... nurse, and one a court stenographer.

Blessings,
Vanessa

No comments: