Friday, August 1, 2008

Where has the time gone?



Hi everyone,

I can not believe how fast this year is going out! One minute it is January and the next its August. Man, time flies when your having fun :) Time to start making the old Christmas list. Ok...I must confess that I am a last minute shopper. I know...that is not a good thing.

But I like the adrenaline rush I get, as I scurry to my destined shopping places. Any whoo, although, I like my adrenaline rush, I have decided to start my Christmas shopping early this year. Can I do it? hum, I honestly do not know :) But, I am sure going to try. I have been busy working on my next book tentatively titled "Love Found Me" this is Christian Fiction. I am sure your going to enjoy it :) Until then here is a short inspirational I hope you enjoy!

~~~
A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ that a man has to seek Him first to find her." ~ Maya Angelou

It was dark and I found myself walking a path that was unfamiliar to me. The unpaved path was rocky and steep causing me to stumble and fall several times. Although, scarred and bruised, I continued my lone walk. I had no choice in the matter, really. Walking the unfamiliar path, I desperately tried to 'see' but visibility was next to none. I had never experienced such darkness as I had that fateful day. It was an strange occurrence for me, as I had suddenly became aware that darkness had a way of enhancing unseen sounds. I could not see... but I could definitely hear. Trust, I did not like what I was hearing.

The sightless sounds was causing me to lose my sense of focus. My heart accelerated due to fear of the unknown. My steps were becoming shaky, and again I stumbled and fell. This time with each stumble and fall, I purposed in my heart to emerge, as the victor God purposed me to be. My destiny called for me to complete my sojourn. No longer resisting, I submissively answered destiny's call. You see, some people have to dig deeper than others and stretch wider than others. Brushing the dust off me, determinedly I sojourned onwards, I offered up a prayer of strength to God.

Oh, how I prayed for the illuminating presence of the Sun. If I had just a sliver of light, I thought everything would be all right. Why was I alone in the dark with just my turbulent thoughts for company? I openly confess that it seemed as though I was going to lose it. I thought I was not going to make it. I thought I was forsaken. Wrong script, it was time for a rewrite. God is all knowing and He knows this woman’s heart. He knows my thoughts and desires and my hurts and my pain. I will hide myself in Him and not from Him.

There on my dark path; God became my hiding place, sheltering me from the storms of hurt and rejections. When the waves of life grew ten feet high, He covered me. When I felt lost and insecure, He would lead me. I burrowed myself so deep within Christ, no one recognized me; many looked for me and saw God first. The move although unexpected was the right thing to do as it caused viewers to become awe inspired. My walk was not an easy one. Yet, had I not walked my path there be no testimony for me to share. I walked through the dark narrow path many has failed. I did not look left or right, although the pull to do so was strong. I clung to Christ tightly. He had my heart, and I lovingly trusted Him to lead me past the noise of sickness, confusion, and doubt. It is again, He had not failed me and He will not fail you!

No comments: