Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Who wants to be weak?

Catamenial pneumothorax is an extremely rare condition that affects women. Pneumothorax is the medical term for a collapsed lung, a condition in which air or gas is trapped in the space surrounding the lungs causing the lungs to collapse. Women with catamenial pneumothorax have recurrent episodes of pneumothorax that occur within 72 hours before or after the start of menstruation.

The exact cause of catamenial pneumothorax is unknown and several theories have been proposed. Some cases are associated with the abnormal develop of endometrial tissue outside of the uterus (endometriosis), although the exact nature of this relationship in these cases is unknown.

I am happy to know that this health issue is no longer as silent as it once was. Doctors and women who have or have suffered from these ailments are speaking out and I am glad about it! To date, I have had a total of seven chest tubes. Chest insertion procedure-- or procedures in my case are memorable experiences. Indeed it shall forever be embedded in my mind, as it is quite painful. Er,did I mention quite PAINFUL. I have added a clip below to prove my point. It is funny. I was quite embarrassed to admit that I suffered from this ailment. Why? I thought it was a sign of weakness…and I don’t do weakness well. Lol.

Don’t get upset with me over my proclamation. Who wants to be weak? Sure we all have our Achilles' heels; it’s what makes us human. Never the less…it was an awkward feeling for me. Until I needed answers. I thought of the biblical passage “For when I am weak, then am I strong." I like that…that is a voluptuous expression. I hope this blog post be of help to someone. Who may not be struggling with a health issue; maybe it's financial, emotional, and possibly spiritual struggles. In spite of life contending forces, there is still a choice. YES! you still have a choice to be and live a happy life. Trust me you do. Smile. Go ahead smile…it looks good on you! It’s going to be alright. Go for your goals. Aim high and don’t look low. The world is your oyster, you can have it steamed, boiled, and fried--any way you want it. Just do it! YOU must decide.


Chest tube insertion procedure: WARNING VIEWING DISCRETION ADVISED.





http://www.experienceproject.com/group_stories.php?g=89797
http://cigna.com.pe/healthinfo/nord1227.html

No comments: