Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Author Lacresha N. Hayes Chats With Me

Lacresha N. Hayes is the founder and former President of Living Waters Publishing Company in Marion, AR. She serves on the Apostolic Council of RehobothInternational Fellowship at New Birth Christian Centre and is active in women’s ministry. She is also the founder of Christian Vitality magazine. Lacresha has been called an inspiration for today’s woman. She understands pain and how to make it work to her benefit. Through her books, ministry and multiple blogs, she has ministered to thousands of women. And her accolades don’t stop there. In fact, that is only the beginning. She is a speaker on the RAINN (Rape, Abuse and Incest National Network) Speaker’s Bureau, the nation’s largest anti-sexual assault organization. Lacresha is also an teacher and an consultant/grant-writer, serving as VP of Christian Consulting Company. Lacresha is married to Pastor Lensey C. Hayes. They have one son and currently reside in Arkansas.


Richardson: Hello Lacresha. I would first like to thank you for the opportunity to chat with you. Your such an light of inspiration, I was struck by the realness of you, and knew that I, we had to hear your story.

Hayes: Thank you, Vanessa. I'm happy to chat with you and your readers too.



Richardson: Could you tell our visitors about yourself?

Hayes: I'm the wife to a pastor, an ordained elder, a mother and godmother to seven boys, a publisher, the author of 5 published works, 10 upcoming works. I'm also an abuse advocate and grantwriter. I love working with women more than anything else so I'm often invited to preach at women's conferences.


Richardson: Many authors usually face obstacles that influence them to write. What is your story behind the glory?

Hayes: I'm an abuse survivor. I was molested and raped as a child. My family was full of drug addicts, alcoholics, perverts and everything else you can imagine. I've been battered too. So, when you grow up hurting like I did, you need a release. Writing provided that. I feel that God has anointed my fingers and words, though I'm not nearly the best or most profound writer in the world.

Richardson: How do/did you deal with rejection(s)?

Hayes: Well, I started my own company that grew way faster than I was prepared for. Rejection isn't necessarily hard for me because I've dealt with it all my life. From time to time, depression used to try to come, but after you've been through what I have, someone saying you're not good enough is small in comparison.

Richardson: Lacresha, could you please share with us what project (s) you are working on?

Hayes: At this moment, I'm preparing my book "The Snare of a Strange Woman" for print. By the time you post this, it should be out for readers to enjoy. I'm also finishing my fiction novel, "Black Dakota" now. I figure I have another month before it is polished and ready for print.

Richardson: How do you define success?

Hayes: For me, I have it already, but that's beause I'm saved. Everything else in MY life is secondary to my relationship with God. I know it sounds cliche, but I really mean it. I've touched lives. I have letters from young ladies that were suicidal and tired of living, from abused children and from abusers. The fact that my books touch people means I've attained some measure of success.

Richardson: Do you have advice for aspiring writers?

Hayes: Never stop writing. Don't write what people say will or won't sell. Write about what you know, what you're passionate about. When you write from the seat of your heart and then add the fullness of your imagination, success is yours.

Don't take criticism personally. Take it with a grain of salt. It's there to make you better.

Richardson: Lacresha, I want to thank you so much for sharing inspiring testimony, with us. I applaud you of your strength, faith, and tenacity. Your a light to all those who have been effected by abuse. Someone was begging for your story, I am grateful that you answered the call to write it. I pray much blessing upon you!

Lacresha Hayes: Author and Publisher

No comments: